Due to the bounteous contributions from donors, the Briscoe Museum has opened a new gallery on its first floor. Fittingly dubbed ‘The New Works Gallery’, the space will feature a rotating display of the museum’s newest acquisitions. Benevolent contributions to the museum from donors and patrons range from fine paintings and bronze sculptures to an extensive antique spur collection.
Notable museum donations over the past year include The Conqueror, 2004, Bronze, by George Carlson, bestowed by the Jack and Valerie Guenther Foundation, The Healer, 2017, Bronze, by John Coleman, a museum purchase made possible by Judy and Warren Knowlton and Fandango, 1870, Oil on Canvas, by unknown, purchased with funds provided by Tyneil and F.A. Northcott McFaddin II, Warren and Judy Knowlton, The Plum Foundation – Debbie and John T. Montford, Mr. and Mrs. McLean Bowman, and the Muriel F. Siebert Foundation – Jane Macon.
Walkara-Hawk of the Mountains, Greg Kelsey (born 1971)
Briscoe Museum Collection Purchased with funds provided by The Jack and Valerie Guenther Foundation